FCS Wins DAR Essay Contest
Each year, the Daughters of the American Revolution invites students in the 5th – 8th grade to participate in their essay contest. Writing on the topic of the Boston Massacre, FCS had a total of nine students who participated in the contest with seven students placing in the local chapter division. From those seven students, two students were awarded the state winners for South Carolina. We are proud of all of our students who participated and Congratulate our local chapter division winners as well as our State Winners, Caroline Smith and Dylan Frederick.
- Dylan Frederick – Local Chapter & State Division winner for 8th grade
- Caroline Smith – Local Chapter & State Division winner for 7th grade
- Elise Hicks – Placed in the Local Chapter Division for 8th grade
- Ansley Granger – Placed in the Local Chapter Division for 7th grade
- Brennan Gifford and Zion Mack – 7th-grade participant
- Lyla Broach, Charlotte Granger, and Ellison Wynn – Placed in the Local Chapter Division for 6th grade
Each grade is awarded a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. Out of the possible 12 winning awards, FCS students were awarded 7 of the 12 winning awards. This also means that 7 of our 9 students placed. FCS had just 6 students who entered the 7th & 8th-grade level. Out of the 6 possible winning awards, our 7th & 8th-grade students took home 4 of those awards, 2 being the State titles. Congratulations to our essay participants!