Our admissions standards reflect our commitment to serve as a partner with the family in Connecting Faith and Learning. Florence Christian School does not require prospective students to take an entrance exam. However, each family must go through the admissions process which includes an interview with our admissions team to discuss the academic and discipline standards that are required by FCS.
FCS is most effective when working with families who share spiritual and academic goals that reflect the mission of the school. Parents are to agree to cooperate and support the ideals and statement of faith of Florence Christian School as outlined in the FCS Parent Handbook and Florence Baptist Temple Statement of Faith.
- Students entering K3 must be three years old before September 1.
- Students entering K4, K5 must be the age on or before September 1.
- Students entering 1st grade must be six years old on or before September 1.
- Students who have a history of discipline issues, or have been expelled from their previous school(s) or who have withdrawn to avoid such actions will not be admitted.
- Students who have been expelled or asked to withdraw from Florence Christian School may only be considered for re-enrollment upon acceptable completion of the restoration program as described in the discipline section of the student handbook.
- Any students who are enrolled under false pretense or contribute to the case for enrollment by either providing false information or withholding significant information will surrender their opportunity to enroll or to remain enrolled.
Become an Eagle!
General Application Checklist
We appreciate your interest in applying to Florence Christian School. Please contact our Admissions Director, Sandy Bryant at (843) 661-4337 should you have questions any time during the admissions process. Your child’s application is considered complete and ready to process when the following items are received:
- Copy of certified birth certificate
- Immunization records on South Carolina Department of Health form
- Copy of the last complete report card
- Most recent standardized test results (for students entering 1-12)
- Complete transcripts (for students entering grades 11 and 12)
- Completed Application & Statement of Faith acknowledgment